Environmental Management Policy
Gregg Construction Pty Ltd is a civil construction contractor who specialises in the provision of services in the following areas:
- Civil Construction incorporating road works, subdivisions, water and waste water infrastructure, earthworks, slope stabilisation and preventive maintenance works.
- Design and Construct Civil Projects.
- Project Management and Contract Administration.
- Construction Survey Services.
Gregg Construction is committed to protecting the environment by implementing best practice environmental management to minimise the impact our work activities have on the environment.
We are committed to protecting the environment through the following objectives:
- Complying with ISO 14001:2015, applicable laws, regulations, and standards to which Gregg Construction subscribes which relate to our environmental aspects.
- Including the consideration of environmental issues in all business strategies and initiatives.
- Gregg Construction senior management are committed to ensure that protection of the environment is firmly embedded in both the company’s and all our employees’ culture and will endeavour to influence its suppliers, customers and third parties in a similar strategic environmental manner with consideration to life cycle impacts of their aspects and activities.
- Adopting sound and proven construction techniques that promote environmentally aware construction procedures.
- Establish initiatives to avoid, prevent, reduce or control pollution, conserve resources and minimise waste by minimising stripping and erosion, salvaging and re-using topsoil and recycling and salvaging construction materials.
- Reducing the effects of noise, dust, disturbance, and inconvenience to the local community.
- Giving preference to suppliers or service providers who adopt responsible environmental practices.
- Educating, training and motivating employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner and ensuring that a continuous professional development strategy remains core to our business goals.
- Holding regular toolbox meetings to provide a forum for all employees to suggest and develop initiatives that enhance our environmental performance.
- Encouraging environmental protection among suppliers and subcontractors.
We are committed to continually improve the effectiveness of our Environmental Management System regularly monitoring progress and performance of processes against established objectives, reviewing the effectiveness of corrective actions, monitoring our performance through scheduled internal and external audits and regular management review and communicating the outcomes of management reviews to our works as appropriate.
This policy is supported by the Managing Director of Gregg Construction and is regarded as fundamental to achieving core business objectives. Gregg Construction seek the combined efforts of all employees and subcontractors to ensure the effectiveness and success of our approach to environmental sustainability.
Ken Gregg, Managing Director. Date Approved: 01/02/2021
To download a printable, offline version of this Environmental Management Policy, please click the Download button.